Bhutan, Meditation, Bread, Learning, Friends, Family, Music, Books, MT

Friday, August 27, 2010

Picasso's Wife


Don, sent me a book. I like people that send me books.
Have you sent me a book yet?
My last post was about my wife, which reminded me of a quote in Ralston's book...
Somebody was saying to Picasso that he ought to make pictures of things the way they are – objective pictures. He mumbled that he wasn't quite sure what that would be. The person who was bullying him produced a photograph of his wife from his wallet and said, "There, you see, that is a picture of how she really is." Picasso looked at it and said, "She is rather small, isn't she? And flat?"

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    i hope u read this comment. Long time since i came back to this spot. Is there anyway i cud know when u post a new...stuff....or when u put an interesting one. I bet not.
    Let me know if u need anything from here...

    Karma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lose the bet. I have added you to my email list, so you should receive notification of any update to my blog. They are all interesting.
    I am in the middle of writing a list of things that I need.
    Am I allowed to link to your blog from here?

    ReplyDelete